:BSNL EVDO Prithvi UE100 – Software-Driver Installation Windows 7,8 OS
All those of you struggling with the new 3.1 MBPS “Prithvi”, rest your souls, it has created a lot of fuss over software and driver installation on internet forums, but “i has” a simple solution.
EVDO Drivers/Software Dowload Link:
Little information about the device:
- Data Card Type : EVDO (CDMA)
- Model Name: UE100
- BSNL EVDO Rev A USB Data card
- Speed: 3.1 MBPS
- Make: Easy Link Info Ltd.
- Supplied by: Prithvi Information Solutions Ltd. (Hyd, India)
- Hardware version: UE100 P12
- Software version: UE100_R_V8.00.29T
- Features: Micro SD card slot
- R-UIM Card (sim)
BSNL EVDO Card Photos
PROBLEMS you might be facing:
- Windows 8,
a. Setup doesn’t ever complete and drivers don’t get installed.
b. Windows 8 Crashing
c. Manual driver installation fails, leads to OS crash.
- Windows 7, Worked good. But I’ve read people having problems with it.
- Windows XP, it should work correctly.
I have Windows 8 and I haven’t specifically installed any special Microsoft additions of dependent softwares like Visual C++ Run-time or dot net framework. And there is no system requirement written in the EVDO Prithvi user manual except OS: Win2000, XP, Vista, 7. USB 2.0 Interface and 800*600 res.
PROBLEMS “especially” in Laptops
Laptops are a different class of devices when we talk about using the BSNL EVDO Data Card. WHY?? Because, Laptops have Bluetooth & Wi-fi, and somehow, the software fails to run, if you have your Bluetooth/WiFi ON.
ERROR (dialog) THAT OCCURS:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
X Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\BSNL Connection …
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.
Also, another dialog box appears.
Dialer MFC Application
Dialer MFC Application has stopped working
This kind of error can be easily resolved just by turning off your bluetooth and wifi.
If you are on Windows 7 or Windows 8 and having problems:
there is a built in feature of Microsoft Windows, which we know of but do not always seem to remember, its the Compatibility Troubleshooter. Select ANY .exe file and right click, you’ll see “Troubleshoot Compatibility” or Right Click>Properties, here in compatibility TAB, you can define various modes in which you want the application to run, i.e. if the application worked correctly in Windows XP SP2, then choose that OS. Any problem with the resolution of the monitor, there is a setting for that too.
Make sure the BSNL connection manager is not installed at all. Uninstall it and then begin.
- Plug-in the EVDO Card. (Keep it plugged in, do not remove during installation)
- If the EVDO card drive is G:\ , then select it, RIGHT CLICK>Open Drive/Folder.
- Now select “setup.exe” , RIGHT CLICK>Troubleshoot Compatibility.
- It will automatically analyse the .exe file, and two options will appear.
- Choose Try recommended settings.
- Now click the button Test the program..
- Now the actual setup.exe runs, and there is a complete installation (do next..next..next..finish)
- All your drivers and software is installed.
ADVICE: If you are a Windows 8 user, do not try to install drivers manually, you won’t be successful. Windows 8 Crashes too badly, like you’ve never seen. But yes, it restarts and all is well. Use the setup that comes with the EVDO Card. I’ve also provided the same files here.
Please report any new errors, if occurred to you, so that the solutions can be produced.
Incoming search terms:
- bsnl evdo prithvi driver for windows 8
- bsnl evdo windows 8 driver
- bsnl evdo card driver for windows 8
- bsnl evdo software for windows 8
- bsnl evdo setup for windows 8
- bsnl evdo prithvi driver
- bsnl evdo ue100 driver for windows 8
- how to install bsnl evdo card in windows 8
- UE100_R_V8 00 29T
- how to install bsnl evdo in windows 8